January 18, 2017
Today, we are more connected than ever before, and by 2020 more than 30.7 billion devices will be connected to the internet. Connected devices, which provide great convenience to our lives, are fueled by information about us, like our behaviors and preferences. Many of us may be unaware of how our information is being used, collected and shared. There are some things you can do to manage your privacy online. Join @STOPTHNKCONNECT and a panel of experts for a Twitter chat on managing your privacy in a growing “Internet of Me” world.
December 07, 2016
The holidays are quickly approaching, and shoppers are visiting their favorite websites to buy gifts for friends and family. When shopping online this season, it’s important to remember to STOP. THINK. CONNECT.™ This #ChatSTC Twitter chat will discuss cybersecurity and privacy as they relate to buying gifts online and share how you can avoid scams, safeguard your personal information and enjoy a more safe and secure holiday shopping season.
November 03, 2016
As National Cyber Security Awareness Month comes to a close, National Critical Infrastructure Security and Resilience Month begins in November. This chat discussed the connection between the cyber and physical worlds and the importance of protecting and securing our nation’s critical infrastructure and simple cyber tips for individuals looking to do their part to protect our critical infrastructure from cyber threats.
October 27, 2016
This #ChatSTC Twitter chat discussed how you can take security precautions and protect your personal information as the world of cutting-edge technologies continues to grow.
October 20, 2016
Knowing how to spot cybercrime – and fighting it – is a challenge we all face, and promoting a more secure internet is a responsibility we all share. This #ChatSTC Twitter chat discussed different kinds of cybercrime, how to better protect yourself against online threats and how you can play a role in the greater effort against cybercrime.
- #ChatSTC Twitter Chat: Managing Your Privacy in the Internet of Me
- #ChatSTC Twitter Chat: Be a #CyberAware & #PrivacyAware Shopper This Holiday Season
- #ChatSTC Twitter Chat: Building Cyber Resilience in Critical Infrastructure
- #ChatSTC Twitter Chat: Navigating Your Continuously Connected Life
- #ChatSTC Twitter Chat: Recognizing and Combating Cybercrime
- #ChatSTC Twitter Chat: Creating a Culture of Cybersecurity from the Break Room to the Boardroom
- #ChatSTC Twitter Chat: STOP. THINK. CONNECT.™ – The Basics of Online Safety and Security
- White House and the National Cyber Security Alliance Launch “Lock Down Your Login,” a STOP. THINK. CONNECT.™ Initiative
- #ChatSTC Twitter Chat: Usernames and Passwords Are Not Enough to Secure Your Online Accounts – #LockDownURlogin
- #ChatSTC Twitter Chat: Understanding the Digital Disconnect – Parents, Teens and the Internet