May 07, 2013
Tuesday, May 7 was Password Day, as Intel, McAfee, the Department of Homeland Security and others provided tips and advice regarding strong password creation and memorization. The following is a partial transcript edited for brevity and clarity.
April 03, 2013
Amy Hebert, Consumer Education Specialist at the U.S. Federal Trade Commission, offers the infographic on children and mobile safety, "Keeping Up with Kids' Apps." It includes four things your kid's apps might do -- but might not tell you.
March 14, 2013
Identity protection firm CSID and the U.S. Federal Trade Commission joined STOP. THINK. CONNECT. for a Twitter chat to discuss how parents can combat a growing but relatively underreported cybercrime: child identity theft.
March 01, 2013
Digital industry leaders from RSA, Microsoft, AT&T and others answered questions about information security issues during a Twitter Chat from the RSA Conference in San Francisco. For more information, visit: http://stopthinkconnect.org/get-involved/twitter-chats/
February 28, 2013
Bobbie Stempfley, acting assistant secretary for cybersecurity & communications for the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, discussed cybersecurity workforce development, the importance of the STOP. THINK. CONNECT. campaign, and online safety and security issues from the RSA Conference in San Francisco.
- Choosing your Cybersecurity Career Path
- Help! My IT Employee Went Rogue
- Child Identity Theft
- #ChatSTC Twitter Chat: May the Cyber Force Be With You
- #ChatSTC Twitter Chat: Now Matters – How Are You Fighting Cyber Threats?
- #ChatSTC Twitter Chat: Protect Your Identity With a Digital Spring Cleaning
- Data Privacy Is Crucial for the LGBT Community
- Laugh and Learn: A More Private Tomorrow, Tomorrow
- #ChatSTC Twitter Chat: Promote a Better Internet This Safer Internet Day
- Sharing While Caring – Protecting Your Digital Self