June 26, 2013
Seniors are embracing the Internet in greater numbers each year. In recognition of Internet Safety Month, here are some online safety tips for older Americans from STOP. THINK. CONNECT., the national cybersecurity education and awareness campaign.
June 20, 2013
Schools are letting out for the summer and that means kids will have more time to be online and using mobile devices. ConnectSafely, McAfee, the Federal Trade Commission, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security and other guests joined STOP. THINK. CONNECT. to discuss online safety tips. The following transcript has been edited for brevity and clarity.
June 13, 2013
The LGBT Technology Partnership, Microsoft and other guests joined STOP. THINK. CONNECT. to discuss online safety tips for LGBT communities in honor of Internet Safety Month and LGBT Pride Month. This transcript has been edited for brevity and clarity.
May 16, 2013
Visa Security, the Consumer Federation of America and the U.S. Federal Trade Commission joined STOP. THINK. CONNECT. and other guests on Twitter for a chat about phishing attacks, one of the leading causes of hacked accounts and identity theft.
May 07, 2013
Tuesday, May 7 was Password Day, as Intel, McAfee, the Department of Homeland Security and others provided tips and advice regarding strong password creation and memorization. The following is a partial transcript edited for brevity and clarity.
- Help! My IT Employee Went Rogue
- Child Identity Theft
- #ChatSTC Twitter Chat: May the Cyber Force Be With You
- #ChatSTC Twitter Chat: Now Matters – How Are You Fighting Cyber Threats?
- #ChatSTC Twitter Chat: Protect Your Identity With a Digital Spring Cleaning
- Data Privacy Is Crucial for the LGBT Community
- Laugh and Learn: A More Private Tomorrow, Tomorrow
- #ChatSTC Twitter Chat: Promote a Better Internet This Safer Internet Day
- Sharing While Caring – Protecting Your Digital Self
- Three Things Businesses Can Do to Protect Data Privacy